When a person gets arrested, the last thing they would want is their police mugshot being put up for public display. When the (alleged) offender is a celebrity, it just makes the picture all the more funny.
1. Professional golfer John Daly was taken into custody Sunday, Oct. 26, 2008, by Winston-Salem police after he was found drunk outside a Hooters restaurant in Winston-Salem, N.C. While at the restaurant, police said Daly 'appeared extremely intoxicated and uncooperative,' refused repeatedly to be taken to the hospital and was asked to leave the restaurant by several workers. Daly was taken to the Forsyth County Law Enforcement Detention Center for a 24-hour stay, until he was sober
2. This Friday Oct. 3, 2008, photo, supplied by the Las Vegas Metro Police Department, shows O.J. Simpson after he was taken into custody following his conviction on 12 counts of robbing two sports-memorabilia dealers at gunpoint in a Las Vegas hotel room. Simpson will be held at the Clark County Detention Center -- in isolation for his own safety -- until his sentencing in December and then is expected to be moved to state prison.
3. Actress Heather Locklear is shown in this photograph released by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Dept. Sunday, Sept. 28, 2008, in Santa Barbara, Calif. Locklear was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of a controlled substance in the upscale Santa Barbara area.
4. Farah Fawcett's Husband and Son Ryan and Redmond Oneill were arrested on September 17 after police reportedly found drugs at the actor's Malibu home during a probation check.
5. Shante Broadus, wife of rapper Snoop Dogg, after her arrest for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol in Fullerton, California. She was cited for a misdemeanor DUI and then released pending a court appearance.
6. Actor Gary Dourdan, star of the television Drama "CSI", is shown in this police booking mugshot has been arrested on suspicion of possessing cocaine, heroin and other drugs, police said on April 29, 2008.
7. Former AFL star Wayne Carey in a Miami Police photo handout. Carey was charged at Dale County jail for assaulting his girlfriend and two police officers.
8. Actor Kiefer Sutherland is pictured in this police booking photograph released by the Glendale California Police Department December 5, 2007. Sutherland was released on January 21, 2008 from a Southern California jail, where he served 48 days for drunk driving and violating probation
9. Actress Mischa Barton is seen in this booking photograph released by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department December 27, 2007. Barton was arrested overnight for driving under the influence, possession of illegal narcotics and driving without a valid license, celebrity Web site TMZ reported. Barton is a former star of hit television drama "The O.C."
10. Actor Mickey Rourke is shown in this photo combo provided by the Miami-Dade Corrections and Rehabilitation Department on Thursday, November 8, 2007. Rourke was arrested for driving under the influence on a green scooter, in Miami Beach, Florida, authorities said.
11. Busted... Paris Hilton in a booking mugshot after her arrest in 2006.
12. Robert downey JR
13. Hugh grant
14. Nick nolte
15. South Carolina Sherrif's Office shows an updated mugshot of James Brown. Brown, the "Godfather of Soul," was arrested on domestic assault charges at his home in South Carolina, police said. Brown, 70, was taken into custody by officers called to his residence in Beech Island, Aiken County.
16. Mugshot on police dossier file of alleged drug offender Aust mannequin Michelle Leslie.
17. Mugshot of Divine Brown, (nee Stella Marie Thompson) Hollywood prostitute arrested & charged with actor Hugh Grant for "lewd conduct", police booking photo from 1991, Brown sold story to British Sunday newspaper for sum up to $150,000.
18. Actor Tim Allen in this 1979 mugshot from the Kalamazoo, Michigan sheriff's department after being arrested for dealing in cocaine. This phototograph is from the book, "Famous Mugs: Arresting Photos and Felonious Facts for Hundreds of Stars Behind Bars".
19. Actor Al Pacino in a mugshot after he was arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon in Woonsocket, Rhode Island in 1961. This photograph is from the book, "Mug Shots: Celebrities Under Arrest".
20. Mugshot of Dennis Rodman after his arrest by police & taken to Miami-Dade County jail, 05/11/99 after he & actor wife Carmen Electra were arrested in at hotel in Miami Beach for fighting.
21. Actor Jane Fonda in a police mugshot after she was arrested for assault and battery in Cleveland, Ohio after she allegedly kicked a cop.
22. Mugshot of actor Carmen Electra after her arrest by police & taken to Miami-Dade County jail, 05/11/99 after she & her husband basketballer Dennis Rodman were arrested in at hotel in Miami Beach for fighting.
23. Actor Yasmin Bleeth in 09/01 police mugshot after being arrested for cocaine possession.
24. Celebrity socialite Nicole Richie is shown in this police booking mugshot photo following her arrest early 11/12/06 for driving under the influence of alcohol, in Glendale, California.
25. Actor Mel Gibson in LA County Sheriff's Department booking photo on 28/07/06 following his arrest on drunken driving charges in Los Angeles.
26. Actor Rip Torn in mugshot. after being arrested for drink-driving in New York in Dec 2006
27. Mugshot of actor Ryan O'Neal released 04/02/07. O'Neal was arrested and accused of assaulting his adult son Griffin O'Neal with a handgun during a fight in the actor's Malibu home during which Griffin's pregnant girlfriend Joanna Berry 25yrs was allegedly hit with a fireplace poker.
28. Mugshot of Actor Christian Slater after alledgedly drinking for several days and taking heroin and cocaine, he battled with police.
29. Actor Macaulay Culkin seen in an Oklahoma County Sheriff's booking mugshot on Sept. 17, 2004, in Oklahoma City. Culkin was arrested for possession of a controlled dangerous substance without a prescription and possession of marijuana.
30. This photo provided by the Passaic County Sheriff's Department shows Albert Insinnia, an actor who once played a lieutenant on NBC's "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" who has been charged with possession of child pornography, authorities said Tuesday, August 14, 2007. Insinnia was charged with two counts of possession of child pornography after authorities allegedly discovered 180 images of child porn on the hard drive of the actor's laptop computer.
31. Photo shows a police mug shot of musician Kid Rock, whose real name is Robert James Ritchie, after he was arrested early Sunday morning following an altercation at a Waffle House in Dekalb County, Georgia October 21, 2007. Ritchie who was in town for a show was released hours later after posting bond.
32. Trouble... Rapper Da Brat, whose real name is Shawntae Harris was arrested on November 1, 2007, after a dispute at a nightclub northeast of Atlanta, where she was accused of hitting a waitress over the head with a bottle of rum. She was charged with aggravated assault.
33. Barron Hilton, brother of Paris Hilton, after he was arrested Tuesday morning Feb. 11, 2008, for allegedly driving under the influence in Malibu, Calif. Hilton was charged Thursday, March 6, 2008, with four misdemeanor counts stemming from his Feb. 12 arrest on suspicion of drunken driving. Barron Nicholas Hilton's charges include driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and being an unlicensed driver.
34. This photo provided Monday, Jan. 14, 2008 by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department shows O.J. Simpson. Simpson is awaiting a Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2008 court hearing, when prosecutors planned to request that his bail be revoked and he be kept in jail until trial, set for April.
35. Screenwriter Roger Avary is shown in this police booking mugshot released to Reuters by the Ventura County Sheriffs Department January 14, 2008. Avary, who co-wrote "Pulp Fiction" and "Beowulf", was arrested on January 13, 2008 after a fatal car crash northwest of Los Angeles, officials said.
36. This police booking photo released by the Glendale, Calif., Police Department shows actor Gary Collins after he checked into jail, Monday, Jan. 14, 2008, to serve a four-day sentence in his drunken driving case in Glendale, Calif. The 69-year-old TV personality and actor chose pay an unspecified daily fee to stay in the Glendale City Jail instead of the overcrowded Los Angeles County jail, according to the Sheriff's Department.
37. Chinese-born actress Bai Ling is shown in this booking photo released to Reuters February 14, 2008, one day after her arrest by Los Angeles World Airports police. Bai Ling was arrested for shoplifting at Los Angeles International Airport after a gift shop employee accused her of stealing two magazines and a pack of batteries.
38. Lindsay Lohan was arrested in the Los Angeles area early on July 24, 2007 on suspicion of drunken driving and cocaine possession, days after she completed a 45-day rehabilitation program.
39. Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora ... shown in this Laguna Beach Police's Department booking photo released March 26, 2008. The Bon Jovi lead guitarist was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol.
40. Former rapper Vanilla Ice was arrested in April 2008 for allegedly assaulting his wife.
41. Star of Lost: Daniel Dae Kim