Thursday, June 7, 2012

Family Devastated - 2-Year Old Deceased Boy Sits Up And Asks For Water

It's sometimes difficult to believe everything that you read online. But in the case of Kelvin Santos, the 2-year old Brazilian boy who is reported to have physically sat up in his coffin and asked for water, his parents and family are not only convinced of what occurred, they are absolutely certain that he was a victim of medical malpractice.

The bizarre incident was reported on the Brazilian news website, Portal ORM, which claimed that young Kelvin originally stopped breathing at a hospital in Belem (northern Brazil). He was undergoing treatment for pneumonia at the time.

He was declared dead at 7.40pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag.

Kelvin's distraught family took him home where a wake was held and his body was laid in an open coffin for viewing by relatives.

This is when things took a turn for the weird - about an hour before the funeral was due to take place on Saturday, young Kelvin apparently sat up in his coffin and said, "Daddy, can I have some water?".

His father, Antonio Santos, said "Then Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was. We couldn't wake him. He was dead again."

Of the incident itself, Mr Santos had said "Everybody started to scream, we couldn't believe our eyes. Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life."

He rushed his son back to the Aberlardo Santos hospital in Belem and the doctors reexamined the boy. They confirmed that Kelvin was in fact deceased.

"They assured me that he really was dead and gave me no explanation for what we had just seen and heard."

The funeral was delayed for another hour in the hope that Kelvin might wake up again - it didn't happen and the family buried him at 5pm on Saturday in a local cemetery.

Mr Santos is convinced that his son was a victim of medical malpractice and has registered a complaint with the police. An investigation has been launched.

According to the hospital, Kelvin had originally been admitted in a critical condition and was declared dead after suffering cardiac-respiratory failure.

In response, the boy's father said, "Fifteen minutes after rushing him away for resuscitation, they came and told me he was dead and handed me his body. Perhaps they didn't examine him properly. Dead people don't just wake up and talk. I'm determined to find out the truth."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This article is very interesting. Apparently things like this happen alot but are not reported. I've read 6 other stories about people coming back to life. Unfortunately, only a few survived.